What is the Student & Young Professionals Forum?
The Industrial Electronics Society (IES) Student & Young Professionals Forum (S-YP Forum) offers activities and opportunities for engineering students and recently graduated engineers (young professionals) to present their R&D work in Industrial Electronics, and to build contacts with their peers. Forum activities are specially thought for young engineers and the aim is to help student and young professionals develop networking connections.
S-YP Forum Days: 7-8 June 2016
What benefits do I get from the IES Student & Young Professionals Forum?
- Reduced registration fee ($150USD) for two-day Forum
Note: The reduced registration fee is only for students and young professionals not yet holding the PhD degree.
Note: Participants holding a PhD or equivalent doctoral degree, or having a professor as a co-author must pay regular fees (visit the ISIE-2016 website for regular fee details).
- Student & Young Engineers’ Interactive Sessions to present R&D projects. Interactive sessions consist of 3 minute speeches (3Ms) + 45 minutes of dialog with an electronic display.
- Awards for the best paper and 3Ms (2 awards, each: $750 USD)!
- Invitation to the IEEE Tech Industry Summit, 6-7 June. Come hear industry leaders discuss the power & energy, computing, and communication challenges of the Internet of Things!
- Admission to ISIE-2016 technical sessions. No extra fee!
- Social events: Pre-conference IEEE mixer (7 June), S-YP buffet (8 June).
- Friendly dialogs with young colleagues and companies about topics directly related to your professional future.
May I join?
Students registered in engineering courses (B.Sc. and M.Sc.) and also recently graduated engineers (maximum two years since graduation) are strongly encouraged to join the IES-Student & Young Professionals Forum. There are two ways to participate in the IES-SF:
- All topics in the IES field of interest are welcome, but authors are encouraged to follow the ISIE-2016 theme “Challenges of the IoT.” Only students can be authors for the reduced fee ($150 USD). Other papers co-authored by a PhD and/or Prof. require a regular, full registration fee.
- All papers in the IES S-YP Forum are automatically considered for two awards ($750 USD each). We strongly encourage students to participate in this enriching experience and submit high quality works.
Students participating in the IES-S-YPF will enjoy the reduced inscription fee. Students’ activities will be concentrated in only two days for reducing the overall costs of attending the IES-S-YPF. However, students are allowed to attend technical activities of ISIE 2016 and IEEE Tech Industry Summit. Students with a regular registration for ISIE 2016 will have a free registration to attend the IES-S-YPF as well.
How can I participate in the IES-S-YPF?
Authors should submit a copy of their full paper, in English, with 6 pages maximum, (including figures) using IEEE IES ISIE 2016 Manuscript Submission System and selecting Student Forum [SF] as technical track. Papers should follow the IEEE double-column form. Please, consult the Papers section or email the Conference Office for further information.
Did you talk about awards?
Yes!! An international group of reviewers will select both the best paper and the best 3Ms (3-minute summary) of the IES S-YP Forum based on the quality of the submitted paper, the clarity in the presentation and the interest aroused among the audience. Authors of these two works will receive an IES certificate in recognition of quality of their contributions and a $750 USD award per work.
Is there still time to join?
Yes!! The IES-SF deadline is 16 February 2016 and notification of acceptance is expected around 29 February 2016. Deadline for submission of Final Manuscripts is 20 April 2016! (not extendable)
Please remember that student registered to the Student Forum [SF] technical track have a priority in competition for IES Student Paper Travel Award – up to 2000USD for travel reimbursement.
For questions specifically related to the S-YP forum, please contact: ISIE2016.SF@usm.cl